Saturday, September 20, 2014

It Can Take Years to Become an Overnight Success

If you are like me, you possibly dreamed that a life of blogging and writing content would suddenly mean that you could quit the day job and retire to a life of success and relative leisure.

Well I began writing online about six years ago, in the month of September actually.  I have seen the latest money making sites come and most of them go.  I collected pennies here, dollars there and mostly got a return that bought me a cup of my favorite Starbuck. A plain brewed coffee with milk and three sweeteners, equal or "Sweet and Low".

This year, has been a bit of a turning point though. I am seeing several thousand visitors per month to my two main blogs, this one and William Elliott: A Life With Blindness. My online bookstore Bretsuki's Books saw sales at the top end of my estimatesand generating a good turnover and profits.

Sales of products at my Zazzle stores Bretsuki's on Zazzle have been excellent.

Can I Give Up the "Day Job?

Not yet. But then that is not really the aim for me any longer.

It is all for fun really. I need to have most of my time filled with things to do, and if I can get paid for doing thos same things well, more the better.
Bear in mind that it is ok to want what you want . If you want to see yourself independent, that is ok, If you want to see yourself enjoying several income streams including a day job and paying hobbie, then that is ok too.

You have the right to decide where you want to take things. As long as you stay legal and don't hurt anyone. 

But always remember: It Can Take Years to Become an Overnight Success.

No comments: