Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halfway to the First Millenium!

Today I passed the 500 views mark on my Yahoo! Contributor Network pages.

This comes a little over three months after my first post on July 6, 2011.

Since then I have made 43 posts and earned a few dollars from a couple of posts which were paid up front. Those upfront payments don't count towards views, so I have 40 posts counting towards views.

Yahoo! Contributor Network pay out after each 1,000 views, so if I gain views at the same rate, we are looking for a payout around January or February 2012. That payment would give me $1.50.

I reckon that on average a post takes an hour, to produce so $1.50 for 40+ hours work over about six months and you can see that is not a lot of money.

This is not a grumble though, it is just to show the reality. I have produced a post every four days or so. That is not too many and I have produced several poems, not the best payers over all. A couple of restaurant reviews, those got the up front payments, political opinions and recipes. How to make money at the library was my best viewed work at this time, with over 10% of all views.

So if you are looking to make cash online writing is a good source, but you need either lots of time or lots of good content, to produce rapid results.

To read Make Cash at the Library CLICK HERE!

No comments: