Monday, February 25, 2013

Logitech 525 HD Webcam



As a blind writer, I often have difficulty with typing. If I don't want to continually check my work on Dragon Naturally Speaking, which though it works fine most of the time it can throw a fit now and again.

I decided to install a nice little webcam on my desktop computer. It is a small Logitech 525 HD Webcam.

It is inexpensive and the video output is very good as you can see from the above video.

The softweare that comes with the Logitech has a variety of add-ons such as allowing you to become a baby again, a little like the happy cute E*Trade baby or if you are really adventurous you can become an alien or dinosaur. The software also comes with one click posting abilities for Youtube and also you can use the webcam for a variety of online conferencing portals including Skype.

The built in microphone is just ok, I had to use my Logitech headset with microphone to get a better sound quality.

But for under $60 for the webcam it is well worth a shot, considering I can now talk as well as type.

You can get the Logitech webcam from my Amazon Store through te link in the right sidebar

No comments: