Monday, June 11, 2012

Yahoo! Voices Getting Better

Last December, Yahoo! Contributor Network (YCN) changed its name to Yahoo! Voices and instigated a new level of editorial control. Writers could no longer post articles directly but had to submit their work to be examined by a team of editors
Last week I submitted two articles. One on my experience becoming a US citizen the other a summertime poem.

I submitted them both on Sunday June 3, and within 48 hours I was offered a cash payment for my US citizenship article and it was published. The Summertime poem took just 24 hours longer to publish, that on a display payment basis.

Yahoo! Voices seems to be getting its act together. Times for reviewing have been getting faster particularly in the last month. Whether this is due to increased numbers of reviewers or dropping numbers of submitted articles I don't know.

I do know however that it is good news for writers and a vast improvement over the situation six months ago.


No comments: