I work for a local government body and in California that is a dangerous place to be. With budget cuts and the like, being an at-will employee is never a secure option.
So, looking around what can I do?
- It needs to allow me time to work on my MA degree.
- It needs to be a low cost start-up
- It needs to provide residual income
- It needs to allow me to use present skills.
- It needs to be something I can do as a blindman, no long distance trucking.
One of the most attractive possibilities is looking to publish e-books on the Kindle via Amazon.com.
Yes, I know that will be putting more eggs in the Amazon.com basket. Something I have said is not a good idea. This however could be a real option.
I can write part-time even now. I do so with my blogs.
I have equipment such as Dragon Naturally Speaking with which I can write faster than I type. I am up to about 1,000 words per hour these days.
As to what I would write I am not too sure just yet.
But I have bought some books on the subject.
If you want to try publishing e-books through Amazon.com I would recommend this book: