Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is a Widget? How Do I Add a Widget?





The Image above is my HubPages Widget. As you can see it contains my latest hub posts, also a drop down menu that allows you to see my hot hubs and my best liked hubs.   A widget like this placed on your blog can be used to backlink to your own hubs.

Adding a widget to your blog or webpage is quite simple.

1, Go to your HubPage Profile page.

2. Click on Add {Your Name} Widget to my Website.

3. HubPages will then provide you with the HTML code.

4. Highlight the code and copy onto your clipboard.

5Open the Layout page on Blogger or your web page.

6. Paste the HTML Code in an HTML/Java capsule on the sidebar if using Blogger or into the code which controls the area where you want to display your Link.

8. Save Settings and your Blog or Webpage should now display the Widget  for you.

9. Go and write your hubs. The Widget will update as you work.

No comments: